The bedrock of meaningful development in any society or community has been identified and established as the conscious and passionate appreciation and respect for prevalent cultural trajectory.
ARGUNGU SERIES documentation/representations are an idea born out of tour Nigeria Project documentation of the need to engender positive propagation and promotion of the rich cultural artistic heritage of the Argungu Emirate of Kebbi State, Nigeria, for generational developmental consciousness in a sustainable manner.
It is important to acknowledge that visual documentation/ representations are very potent tools of communication. Information disseminated there from re- vibrates indelibly in the recipient’s sub- conscious perpetually.
ARGUNGU SERIES will work acidulously and seek to disseminate the rich cultural and traditional heritage and ideals inherent in the Argungu Emirate through creative/visual representations.
To further ventilate the enviably established local and international status of the Argungu Emirate and her ideals for positive social economic development and advancement through visual art.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Series will seek:
- Item 1
- The development and presentation through creative visual documentation of the ideals inherent in the cultural, traditional, social and political evolution of the Argungu Emirate of Kebbi state, Nigeria, for present and future generations.
- To establish an Emirate’s periodical for regular visual dissemination of the cultural ideals of Argungu Emirate to the World.
- To constitute an exhibition and competitions system for strong attainment of the set out goals.
- Item 1
- To imbibe the spirit of identifying, encouraging and supporting creative development of Argungu / Nigeria’s finest creative talents.
- To encourage educational and cross culture exchange programs both local and international. For this purpose especially, there shall be the establishment of exchange programme funding system/trust.
- To fundamentally focus on Argungu/Nigeria’s arts and cultural heritages toward representing, encouraging, promoting and patronizing. This consequently will bring about the desired constructive/positive public awareness and education.
- Item 1
- To establish a multipurpose center that will facilitate the attainment of the set objectives such as:- (a) Working Studios, (b) Galleries, (c) Language class rooms, (d) Library (e) Lodging rooms/chalets , (f) Recreational facilities, (g) Performance Art (e.g. drama) presentation center, for local and foreign exchanges.
- To engender progressive collaborations with diverse governmental and non-governmental institutions such as, Federal, State and local governments in Nigeria. Academic institutions from primary up to tertiary level for scholarly interactions. Corporate/ multinational organizations and institutions and other relevant bodies inclusive.